Monday, March 16, 2015

We Are Lucky

Mary-Ann here with you today!  I am hesitant on sharing my layout.   
Do you ever feel challenged by what you have as a vision and trying to apply that to how you create with paper?  My idea was to create a collage showcasing my boys crazy faces he made with a crazy app on my phone.  Maybe I printed the collage too large?  Maybe it was the color choices of my papers?  There is something that did not translate when I created this layout.  I share this with you today, to show you that you are not alone, hopefully I am not alone. Creating is not always perfect and sometimes results differ from what you have in mind, and that is ok.  I still like the result.
Maybe I will try my vision with a different collage, printing the pictures smaller, leaving more space for embellishments.  But I think this layout is a perfect way to showcase just how crazy this kid can be.  So, join me as I take you through my layout journey.  Or bail now, it is up to you, lol!!


I started by printing my photos through my Silhouette.   You can maneuver your photos to any size, order or shape you want when doing it this way.  I chose my papers, then the cut files I wanted to use.  I used the Geometric Graffiti Background for a subtle white background, and backed it with a delicate polka dot paper.  



The "lucky" part of my title is from The Lucky Charm cut file.  This was the word that I wanted to highlight so I made it differ from the rest of my title and doodled inside.



Plastic stars and wood veneer pieces complete my design. 
 I do thank you for taking a look and letting me share my no so perfect layout
 that actually turned out pretty cool.  

Here are the cut files that I used for my layout:



See you next time. 







No comments:

Post a Comment