Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Hello ~ Cactus Card

It's Heather here today with a card to share that I made using some cute cut files from The Cut Shoppe! 

Whenever Ashley released the "Stuck on You" cut file set, I KNEW that I needed to use one of those cute cacti on a card! I really wanted to use a pun like that "stuck on you" phrase for the sentiment, but instead I decided just a "hello" card would be better so I could use it for whenever. 


I used the paint swatch looking diecut from the "Doodle Dandy" cut file set to make the background on this card. I wanted the background to look like a sunset, so I used some watercolors to paint each diecut piece. It's a little bit of an ombre look, don't you think? I added some washi strips in-between the swatches along with some machine stitching to add some interest and texture to the card.




Thanks for stopping by the blog today! I hope you are inspired to use some cut files from The Cut Shoppe! :)

2 comments: