Sunday, November 8, 2015

Cut File Backgrounds


Happy Sunday everyone! It's Madeline here and today I'm sharing two scrapbook pages which use 12 x 12 (or 8.5 x 11) cut files as a background. On my first page, the All Heart cut file creates a subtle, neutral background on which I build a colorful page that celebrates the birthday of a special someone, and his twin!


Supplies: Patterned paper, journal cards, chipboard stickers, buttons, flair and tag-Fancy Pants, mist-Mr. Huey's, cardstock-Bazzill, Alphabet-Jillibean Soup, enamel dots.

As you can see, I only cut the outer two rows of hearts for my page. Before beginning the cut, I opened up the file in my digital cutting program and eliminated the inner rows which were not going to be visible anyway. Here is the original All Heart cut file:


My second page pairs the Any Which Way cut file with a favorite photo from a recent high school swim meet. The arrows are central to the theme of my page, as my youngest child is a swimmer, and he swims a LOT. Laps during practice. Laps for warm-up. Laps at swim meets. Back and forth, back and forth!


This super fun file had me pulling out ALL of my blue and aqua scraps:


I love how this cut file resonates with the theme of my page. Back and forth, back and forth. ;)

Thanks for stopping by The Cut Shoppe blog today! 


No comments:

Post a Comment