Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Pelican

Hi, it's Laura with you today featuring the Fancy Feathers file. I love these feathers! I searched through my photos looking for birds just so I could use this awesome cut.

My dad and I went to a wildlife area about 2 miles from my house to see what kinds of birds we could photograph. Neither of us had been there before and we were graced with a variety of awesome birds. From heron to hawk to geese, to cute lil birds, and finally these awesome pelicans. They were really cool to watch. I thought the feathers would do them justice.

I simply cut out a variety on plain white cardstock, the kind you find in the office supply and went to work on them with distress ink. I smooshed ink on my splat mat, spritzed with water, and plopped the feather into the inky mess, repeat. All very technical. After they were all dry, I tied them up with twine and placed them on my layout.

The matte papers are from my Gelli print collection and I cut the clouds out and watercolored them, inserting them in between the layers of papers and photo.






Head on over to the shop and see how you can use these awesome feathers for yourself!






3 comments:

  1. I just love how you distressed these FEATHERS. They are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the splatters on these FEATHERS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those feather cutting files, and this layout jsut give me an inspiration how to use them :) GORGEOUS watercolor splatter.

    ReplyDelete