Thursday, December 3, 2015

The Cut Shoppe & Pinkfresh Studio Product Swap Day 4


Welcome to Day 4 of our Christmas Wishes Product Swap with Pinkfresh Studio!  We are so excited that you joined us!  There is a lot going on this week, so make sure you read through the full post for all of the details!

For my project, I decided to take on the task of creating the introduction page to my December Daily album for 2015. The opening pages to my album set the tone of the album and I wanted to make them extra special. It is the first thing you see when opening the album and I want it to be like opening a gift on Christmas morning (at least, that's what I am shooting for!). With the combination of Pinkfresh Studio's Christmas Wishes Collection and the new Home for Christmas cut file from The Cut Shoppe, I had an easy time putting together the beginning of my December album.




As you can see, I created a two page introduction because I had so much that I wanted to incorporate. Instead of limiting myself, I cut down a 6x8 pocket page and filled it with lots of goodies from Pinkfresh to layer over my "main" page: 





I cut the Home for Christmas background out of textured white cardstock and mounted it on top of the bright red patterned paper from Pinkfresh with pop dots. I had originally planned to just lay it flat on top, but the added dimension made a huge visual difference. After that I went to town layering some of my favorite die cuts from the Christmas Wishes collection in the lower right corner.



One of the main reasons I wanted to include a pocket page was so that I could include some of the 2x2 acetate squares from the Christmas Wishes collection.I really like to play around with transparant pockets in my albums because I think it is fun to see a peak at what is comeing next.



This page ended up being a mix of patterned paper, acetate squares, and embellishments.



We are giving away a Pinkfresh Studio goodie bag, here on The Cut Shoppe Blog, and Pinkfresh Studio is giving away a $25 Gift Certificate to TCS on their Blog.  ONE winner will be chosen from all of the comments this week, so make sure you comment each day on both Blogs.  Winners will be announced on DECEMBER 6TH! 

Here's a look at all of the new sets, which include the Home for Christmas cut file that I used, that are now in the shop:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

AND...while you're shopping, use our month long Discount Code to save 31% off of your purchase!  Yay! We're passing on savings to you all month long, as our Christmas gift to all of our awesome readers!  


https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

Now, make sure you check out the Pinkfresh Studio Blog, to see what Cassandra created and don't forget to comment!


The Cut Shoppe

21 comments:

  1. It definately is like opening a gift on Christmas morning, Michelle! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your album looks lovely!! Gorgeous keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the page with the houses.
    Bright and colorful and so pretty.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful colorful pages - it's going to be a great album

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice opening! The houses file is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for the planner!
    Love that house cut file.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow?!! Thise cutting files on those projects are just AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning December album. Loving me some cutfiles.....thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. loving the layers! SO cool. I am inspired to get started on my december daily lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the layers for the December Daily album!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the new files and I'm so excited to see another DT sample using The Home for Christmas cut file! I also love seeing sneak peeks of the next pages through the transparent pocket pages! Super fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love the cut file of the houses! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fun. Love the new cut files. All of them are on my list of ones I want! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete