Monday, November 21, 2016

Loved

Hi there,

Zsoka here with you today with a new layout!


I have so many collections I haven’t used before (surely you guys are familiar with this issue?!) and lately I’ve been so frustrated by this. So I decided to use something new on every layout where I don’t have any specific requirements as to what I can use. I mean, cut files are not a problem ;P. I have a few papers from the Gather collection from Maggie Holmes and some chipboards. I did not buy the whole collection as an exception, as I generally can’t use so much pink. But sometimes I, too, need a bit of pink and flowers in my life! So I grabbed these papers and the heart cut file from the Over the Moon cut file set and got to work!
 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/223160463/the-over-the-moon-cut-file-consists-of-5?ref=hp_rv

I knew I wanted to use this soft pink paper as my background, the cobalt blue paper for pops of a contrasting color and I knew I finally wanted to fussy cut out those beautiful mint flowers! I wasn’t quite sure if all these would work well together but I was determined to try ha!
 
I backed my cut file as usual, with different patterned papers. Then I machine stitched over the cut file with cobalt blue thread to add some texture. And because I like sewing! This did not take long but to clean up the mess on the back…thread tangling up everywhere…I’m not going to lie, it must have taken close to an hour to do this! But I like the look so it was worth it.

 
I put my heart on 3d foam adhesive to add some dimension to my layout and tucked in my fussy cut flowers under it in two clusters. I added a third cluster of flowers next to my photo for a balanced look. I don’t always follow the visual triangle rule because I don’t think every design needs it, but this one did.  To me, anyway!


I pulled out some chipboard pieces (the ones in this collection are so awesome!) and added them around the page. For my title I could have chosen something more meaningful, but I really loved the font, the color and the texture of this sentiment so I went with this. Again some machine stitching at the bottom to ground my title. At the top I also added some chipboard pieces for interest.
I added my date and journaling to finish off my layout. I used some labels in matching colors for these.
 

 
 
I hope you like how it turned out! Thank you for stopping by today X


https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?ref=l2-shopheader-name

No comments:

Post a Comment