Friday, November 17, 2017

"Grateful" with Kira

Hey everyone!  Kira here, and I'm back with a layout in my Thankful 30 travelers notebook.  This is my first year participating in this project and it has been so great to reflect on all of the things in my life I have to be thankful for.  Today I am sharing a layout I made about my husband. 


I used the new Thanks & Giving cut file from The Cut Shoppe for my large title on this page. 


I cut it out with textured white cardstock, and then backed it with a paper from the 1 Canoe 2 Creekside collection.  I would have loved to stitch around this cut file, but working in a TN gets a little tricky sometimes when it comes to bulk.  Three days in and it was already getting difficult to close!  So I opted out of stitching (or any foam for dimension) and adhered the cut file directly on my background paper. 


I love the look of pieces sticking out from every page of my TN, so I set the cut file at an angle.  I loved the way it looked so I played off of that for the placement of the photo and then of the embellishments as well. 


I embellished with bits and pieces from my stash, sticking with mostly blues, greys and pinks.  I built a cluster to the right of my photo, just below that cluster and then one right on top of my title. 


I had almost called this layout done after that.  I put it away for the night thinking it was complete.  But when I looked at it again in the morning I felt like it was missing something.  The white on the title was drawing your eye upwards, and I felt I needed to add some more of that bright white towards the bottom of the page.  To accomplish this I cut a few leaves from the Flower Delivery cut file and tucked them in various places around my photo.  


I finished the layout off with some gold Heidi Swapp color shine around the page.  I always work outside of my TN and then adhere the pages in when I am complete.  For this layout, when I adhered the layout in, I created a "pocket" where I could stick some journaling. Once I had my journaling tucked away, I called this layout done!



Thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment